Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Haven't Posted in a Bit

I haven't posted in several days, and I probably should.

The only thing is, I really don't have much to talk about. Life is going pretty well right now. I like my job, I've got some steady income, and I'm pretty content.

In a way, this change is pretty major. For the last 7 years or so, my life has been about "what's next." College, law school, the bar exam, and now the job - there was always something around the corner, some new goal to accomplish.

Now? Now I've ran projections on my estimated student loan payoff (Sometime in 2017, heh . . .). Life is on cruise control now, to a pretty big extent. My priorities are to pay off my credit card debts, then my private student loans, and then my federal loans. That's really it. I've started saving a good chunk of my paycheck as well, with hopes to buy a car in 18 months or so.

I'm just waiting for life to happen - making new friends, meeting new people, perhaps that special someone - and that's really it.

In a way it is a bit scary. I feel like I am almost inviting life to throw me a curveball. On the other hand, I have been pretty focused for the last decade, so perhaps it is time I was able to relax and just live day by day, instead of focused on some future event.

Oh, and I bought a topcoat today. I love it, and it is very sweet - now I look like a lawyer when I walk down the street downtown, instead of some schmuck.


Insert inside joke here: Booyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment