Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Banks - They All Suck

Now that I've relocated and found a job, it is time to find a bank.

In short, they all suck. Chase wants $6 a month, Bank of America wants $6.95, and the rest are just as bad.

I love SIU Credit Union, in Carbondale, because they were (a) nice people; (b) gave full credit in most cases for deposits, immediately, and (c) a variety of locations. I prefer credit unions generally; it seems to me that by and large much of the recent economic meltdown has been caused by banks getting greedy/stupid/moronic. Credit unions, on the other hand, tend to be much, much smaller, and therefore much more likely to be conscious of their bottom line and very risk adverse.

Unfortunately, and this applies to basically every banking institution in the universe, DuPage Credit Union does not have hours that work for me; their opening hours are my work hours.

Oh, and f*ck Chicago traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment