Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Non-Law Post - Oscars = bleh

A couple of notes on the Oscars (or rather, my venomous disagreement with the overstuffed, pretentious academy):

Actor in a Leading Role: Rourke's performance was such a wonderful, truthfully savage look at a man's soul . . . though I haven't seen Milk yet, so maybe I really am off base here - but I doubt it.

Actress in a Leading Role: Should have gone to Anne Hathaway, but she's still suffering from all the nice, fun roles in Get Smart and Ella Enchanted and hasn't yet fully gone over to the Academy darkside.

Supporting Actress: Again, I would go with The Wrestler and Marissa Tomei.

Animated Feature: Kung Fu Panda was head and shoulders above Wall-E. Another solid "bleh."

Now, for my big, big rant: Makeup and Costume design. Did anyone who voted actually watch Hellboy II? F*ck you Benjamin Button. Del Toro's Hellboy II stands out as probably one of the most elaborate visual effect movies since Clash of the Titans, and yet it gets snubbed. Bleh. And Double Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment