Monday, July 13, 2009

Psycho Clients

For some clients, no matter how well you treat them, or how honest you are with them, they still do nothing but complain and moan and whine throughout the entire process. I have had days when I have been both complemented on the ease of access to attorneys - it is relatively easy to speak directly to an attorney at our firm - and lambasted for not working quick enough.

The bottom line is that there are simply a lot of very, very stupid people out there, who expect an attorney to magically wave his wand and fix it all. The reality though is that it takes time and money - this is a business for us, after all.

So here, in my quasi-anonymity, I will rant regarding the general state of my client base. At the end of the day, no matter how you slice it, almost everyone who comes to see me is a debtor who can't manage money, who can't manage credit, and who really can't manage their own impulsive habits. As much as I love working with people directly (and I truly do), there are days when some or all of my clients go die in a fire and I would calmly mark the file "closed."

So, to all those potential clients out there - remember, attorneys are people, we do this for a living, and we deserve some f*cking respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment