Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Very First Post

Knock, knock?
Who's there?

[. . .]

A guy with altogether too much time on his hands, for one.

A little about me, to start. I am an attorney, and I graduated from law school in May 2008, passed the bar in Illinois (hurrah hurrah), and I have been job hunting since August 1. The nifty little script on this page tallies that at 138 days, which is to say about 38% of the year. That fact is, to say the least, depressing. I can blame it on a lot of things, like the economy, or my school, or myself, but the simple fact is that sometimes, there really is no good explanation for why things happen, and all one can do is keep on keepin' on, as the expression goes.

In the spirit of altogether too much free time, I have decided to firmly stake out my own little corner of the internet, where I can share my trials and tribulations, my opinions and rants, and generally vent the surprising amount of frustration unemployment brings. In any event, it will at least be something constructive, at least in theory.

If you've taken the time to read this far, you have my thanks. I hope I have give you some small amount of entertainment, if only at my misery, and that I will continue to make the attempt. Feel free to leave comments, post your thoughts, and generally make fun of me.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment